Title: Advancing Innovative School-Based Health Strategies to Reduce Trauma, Advance Equity, and Help California Children Heal
Date: Thursday, October 29, 2020
Watch the webinar recording with slides.
Description: Futures Without Violence and Healthy Schools Campaign held an important conversation about the impact of trauma on California’s children and new strategies and funding that can help schools support health and address adversity, increase trauma-informed care for children,and prevent violence.
- Advance innovative strategies to expand school-based health services to increase trauma-informed care,enhance health and education equity,and prevent and address trauma.
Hear from California leaders working on the front lines to address these issues:
- Dr. Daniel Lee, Deputy Superintendent of Equity, CA Dept.of Education
- Richard Thomason, Director of Policy, Blue Shield of California Foundation
- Mayra Alvarez, President,The Children’s Partnership
- Lena O’Rourke, Futures Without Violence/Healthy Schools Campaign
- Marc Philpart, Managing Director, Policy Link/Alliance of Boys & Men of Color
- Virginia Duplessis, Futures Without Violence, Associate Director of Health
- Learn first-hand from a school-based health center director and a student about how trauma-informed programs can help youth heal and promote health and education equity from: Lucero Garcia, James Morehouse Project, El Cerrito HS Health & Wellness Center & Alika Africa,El Cerrito High School,Class of 2020
- Build momentum for a coordinated strategy to support this new opportunity to increase trauma-informed care in schools throughout California.
Please contact Karen Herrling at: kHerrling@futureswithoutviolence.org